Friday, June 23, 2006

Update


Dear Son had a pretty fun day yesterday laughing all day with one of the student nurses. Then he had a visit from the clowns at the hospital-Doctor Cowboy and another clown, whose name escapes me. He darn near split his gut open laughing so hard. I was sorry that I didn't get a picture of them because her hair was truly a masterpiece that words can not describe. She had all of her hair pulled straight up on her head (held in place with a flag pole in the middle) and she was a real masterpiece. After that excitment, the student nurse and I took him for a walk in his wheelchair in the hallway. As we passed a nurse's station, one of his former nurses recognized him and called out, "Hi, Handsome". Dear Son's head whipped so fast around in her direction, I thought he was going to have whiplash. I was laughing so hard at that.

Tonight he completes his final doses of IV antibiotics and we will be released in the morning. I am so excited to be going home.

Note: I took this photo of the female clown the following day. Her hair looks quite beautiful, don't you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Day!!!! (again!)

Anonymous said...

Wahooooo! Sounds like this round worked well and ds is better than the last visit. What peace of mind you must have right now. Bless you both and take care...

Fat Doctor said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOME, home on the range! It'll feel so gooooooood.

neonataldoc said...

Very nice post, especially the "Hi, Handsome" thing. We guys are suckers for compliments.

Wrkinprogress said...

Your son is the biggest flirt I've ever heard of!!! I love it!!! :D He's so gorgeous, the girls can't help but fall all over him! :D

Welcome home, darlins!!!

WIP

Purplequilter said...

Hooray!

I'm still laughing about your description of the clown's hairdo (gotta try that one myself sometime...LOL) and about DS's almost-"whiplash". How wonderful that life gives us these unexpected joys, right when we've been facing troubles and need them the most.

Take care & keep safe. Hugs to you both!

Anonymous said...

Glad "Handsome" (and you) are feeling better. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear this news! You are probably home as I write this message. I hope it's all going smoothly for you both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter