Friday, June 16, 2006

Update

Dear Son was admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit yesterday. Last night, his respiration increased significantly and he was started on the BiPAP machine at 100%. This helped him a great deal and it has since been reduced from 100 to 80 to 60, where he remains currently. They continue to treat it as an aspiration pneumonia; the chest x ray seemed a bit better today so that is very good news. At the present time, he remains unresponsive but I am pleased that he is progressing in the right direction.

In retrospect, I am glad that he was able to attend his graduation last week. It made the events of this week a little easier.

Thank you for all of your prayers, comments and support. It was nice to read them throughout the day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Midwest Mom,

I'm praying for you and your son that you have the strength to endure and that he make a speedy full recovery and is discharge soon.

Cathy said...

I'm also glad he is progressing in the right direction. I know it doesn't help much, but I want you to know, I think about you and him all through the day. I wish I could be there for you.

Danielle said...

Dream Mom-

Give that sweet boy a kiss from me. And don't you dare try to answer those questions I sent you. They can wait, I can wait. You just do what you need to do.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and praying for you both!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Dear Son. Hang in there!

Dreaming again said...

I am praying, for both of you! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

You and Dear Son are in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping Dear Son's breathing continues to improve. I am so happy for you also that Dear Son made it to his graduation. God provides!

Neurotic Illini Fan said...

Continuing to hold up you and Dear Son in my prayers.

NIF

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter