Saturday, May 23, 2009

Photos of Dear Son at school during music on "Fun Friday".

Dear Son returned to school on Thursday for a half of a day. It's always hard to know precisely when to send him to school after a hospitalization. On the one hand, I want him to have some fun, especially after this hospitalization. He loves people and school makes him happy. On the other hand, I worry about pushing him too fast and I don't want a relapse. But staying home is sometimes boring for him.
I spoke with Ped Neuro Doc before we left and he said he could return to school on Wednesday or Thursday. Dear Son had been alert at the hospital and trying to get out of bed for a few days. I contacted the Special Needs Program Nurse at school and we agreed to try a half day on Thursday and then a full day on Friday, mainly because Friday is "Fun Friday" and they play a lot of games on that day. I really wanted him to be there for that.
On Thursday, he went to school for a half day. He didn't seem to know what was going on when he arrived but later, when one of the boys acted up, he woke up a bit, excited over the action and was back in the swing of things. As the day progressed, his eyes got heavy however the classroom nurse told me he seemed a little irritated he was sent home after only a half day. She made the analogy that it's kind of like going on vacation for a while and then coming home. Sometimes it takes a day or so to get acclimated again.
On Friday, he was back in full swing. He played color bingo, his favorite, and had music therapy. He took a forty minute nap during lunch. He had such a great time on Friday and was so happy, that his teacher sent me these photos in the middle of the day showing how much he enjoyed himself. Yay for Fun Friday! I guess I made the right decision after all!
After school, we sat outside for a little bit and then I put him to bed to sleep. He sleeps for a while and then woke up later in the evening. We will be staying put this weekend and happy about that. My plan is to take him for some walks and maybe even go to the local Memorial Day parade on Monday.
Next week should be pretty easy for him. There are a series of half days of school due to finals. That should allow him plenty of time to recover.


canucker said...

Those smiles say it all! So glad that dear son is back to his routine. And have a wonderful and restful Memorial Day weekend. You both deserve it!


The Microblogologist said...

There's that smile, so glad to see it back! =)

Anonymous said...

YAY for fun Friday!
That smile says it all!!!!

Hugs, Dream Mom!

Poppy Q said...

Oh it does look like it was a fun Friday. I am glad to see your boy smiling.

Enjoy your weekend, we hope you got lots of sunbeams.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive