Sunday, January 13, 2019

My Christmas Tree

Just wanted to pop in and share my Christmas tree. I got this tree back in 2016. Scott bought it for me for Christmas.  He asked me what I wanted and I mentioned I wanted a small pre-lit tree in an urn, for my living room. Since it is difficult to get out with Matt, he went to Home Depot to pick up the tree. After spending a lot of time on the website, I gave him two options: Option A and Option B but nothing else. I said if they didn't have these, don't get anything. 😁 Instead of those two options, he came home with this. 🤔 I hated it. It was ugly. I asked why he didn't get the other options and he said something like they didn't have them and the sales girl talked him into this. 🤬This is an outdoor tree! Anyway, I had two options. Have him return it or go with it. I decided to decorate it and if I didn't like it, I would return it and get something else. This is what he got me.
 

So the first thing I did was add another 700 lights to the tree. 300 lights was not going to cut it for a 6.5 foot tree.

Next, I added these floral sprays the I purchased from Walmart on clearance the year before. I think they were originally around $5.00 each and I paid $.75 each and bought as many as I could. At the time, I didn't know where I would use them but only that I loved them.

I added the floral sprays in a spiral motion going up the tree. I used my regular ornaments that I have purchased and collected over the last thirty to fourty years and then purchased some gold picks from Michael's for the top. I loved how it turned out! One of my prettiest trees ever!

Here are some pictures of a few of the ornaments.

More ornaments.

And pictures.


And the completed tree!

I think my favorite thing is how glamorous it is! I love red and gold at Christmas! I have put up this same tree every year now for three years and still love it! I hope you enjoy my tree as much as I did!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter