Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I just want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Dear Son and I thank you for all of your support. I thought you might enjoy a few holiday photos of our studio apartment. Starting with the living area...


The view into my bedroom...



My cat kept running over to each section of the apartment as I took photos so he's in quite a few of them...




Although my place is small in size, I went for all out glamour. The gold bedding was perfect for Christmas.




Some pretty candle rings on the crystal and gold sconces.



I love the simplicity of the bedding...just one display pillow. Next year, I might try swapping out the display pillow for one with burgundy, cream and gold.









Since I only have room for a small table on the right side of the room, I kept the decor to scale.







Moving around the room...











I didn't do a lot in the bathroom. I did add a crystal Christmas tree dish edged in gold but didn't get a chance to get a photo of that.





Regardless, a little decor for the towel bar. The Noel ornament was a gift from Dear Son's babysitter. She was an older lady and was great with him. She worked for us for a few years.














This Christmas photo is one of my favorites. Dear Son was only six weeks old when this was taken. My sister made the Santa hat and bib.




This was one of his first Christmas type photos in the mall. He was actually really fussy but it looks like he's smiling. I don't think he cared for the sweater, lol. He couldn't sit up at this age but was propped. If you look closely, you can see his eyes were a bit crossed as well. He had surgery a few years later.


Moving along to Dear Son's side of the room. I could do much over here since I had to keep the floor space open in order to move around. He has a hoyer lift that I keep on this side and although I store his wheelchair in the hallway, I couldn't put a tree on this side since I need to be able to move him around. I did add lights in the window and some beautiful silver deer to the mirror.



Wiggles, the cat, refused to get out of the pictures so I told him if he wanted to be in the pictures, he had to wear a Santa hat. He didn't care for that very much.








You can see the lights in the mirror.





Here's the cat after I made him wear the hat; he doesn't like it as you can tell by his face.





This is my favorite photo. On Dear Son's dresser is his Mr. Christmas musical train that we got him last year. He loves listening to the Christmas music and watching the train going around. In this picture, the cat was just near the train and made him laugh but I couldn't get the photo in time.




And finally the outside view. You can see the stockings in the window and the wreath and lighting on the balcony next to it. That is right outside my window.




I hope you enjoyed our holiday tour. Have a wonderful holiday.




2 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Your apt is beautiful. It's bigger than any I've lived in and has windows - oh, how I love windows! But still it's a studio and short of space, so you've done a great job of making it into a home.

Dream Mom said...

Thanks, Jan! It does feel like home and yes, I too, love all that light! My apartment is still only 650 square feet which isn't really big but it feels big!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter