Our Make a Wish trip itinerary arrived in the mail today! Yay! It won't be long now until we leave for Disney World! Only a few weeks away.
Our Make a Wish trip includes:
- Round trip limousine pick-up with a wheelchair van.
- Round trip tickets to Disney World for Dad, Mom and Dear Son.
- Lodging at the Give the Kids the World Resort.
- All medical equipment and supplies delivered to our room (hoyer lift, IV pole, diapers, wipes, bed pads, formula).
- Passes to the Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Seaworld.
- Meeting with Barney! Dear Son loves him!
- Extra money for meals, souvenirs and travel.
We are going to start planning our days now with the various activities. Let me know if you have any other ideas. I printed off all of your comments previously so we'll plan from there. I've been keeping a file of things to do and things to take. While most people keep a travel list, I had lists created of, "Things to take to the Hospital" so this list will be a great starting point for our travel list. I expect to complete our travel list in the next week. It's been over ten years since Dear Son and I have had a vacation so I am really looking forward to this trip. Dear Son's life jacket arrived this week, courtesy of the Make a Wish Organization.
This will be his Dear Son's first trip on an airplane. It should be exciting!
A special thank you to our wish grantors, Angela and Laura for giving our family a trip to remember. We also need to thank our Make a Wish Coordinator, Courtney, for all of her help these past few weeks. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. We all look forward to some sun and fun.