About the centerpiece:
- I purchased the red "love" placemats a few weeks ago. The rest of the items were things I had around my apartment.
- The red ceramic container the roses are in, was originally a Christmas gift. It was filled with chocolates and came with a lid. I originally put it in my box for Goodwill donations, however I decided to use it for a vase. I took a cherub Christmas ornament and glued it to the box.
- I love to use white roses in my apartment. I have them in a crystal vase in my living room and in my master bedroom, I have them in a beautiful depression glass bowl on one of my nightstands. For this centerpiece, the roses are silk however real roses could have been used. I much prefer real flowers though.
- The ecru placemat is a vintage hankerchief that my mother used at her wedding. I've had it for many years and could never figure out where to use it. Since I wanted to create a feminine centerpiece, I knew this would be perfect.
- The candles I had since I use them often for dinner.
- As an added touch, I hung two cherubs ornaments with crystals from the chandelier.
I had hope to create a "Flickr badge" to make it look more professional. I worked on that for quite a while but could not figure out how to get it working. I created the sets, linked it to the blog, but ran into problems connecting it to the groups. I confess to being technically challenged however the Flickr directions could be improved! Finally, I deleted it since I didn't have more time. Sigh.
Thank you Cindy for doing this. It was a pleasure to take time last weekend to be creative and put this together! Click here to return to the "My Romantic Home" blog to view more centerpieces.