Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Tablescape Thursday~Sugar Maple Tablescape

It certainly has been a long time since I've posted a tablescape. My camera broke and I purchased a new one for my son's Make a Wish Trip. I created this tablescape on November 1st and little did I know it would be the last one I'd make for a while. As most of your are aware, my Dear Son got the swine flu and a viral pneumonia just one week before his Make a Wish trip to celebrate his 18th birthday at Disney World in Florida. Instead, he was on a ventilator. After 25 days in the ICU, we came home on Thanksgiving Day. We have a lot to be thankful for. I created this tablescape on November 1st. I call it my "Sugar Maple" tablescape after my favorite fall tree, the sugar maple. I love the bright orange leaves on the tree. The roses remind me of that tree.

I started this tablescape with a white tablecloth and then a tulle overlay. Two of the place settings have mirrored silver chargers and two have none. I wanted to break the tablescape up a bit and chose to alternate the chargers.



The place settings include my white Spode Mansard place settings. I uses white cotton napkins tied with a white satin and sheer chiffon ribbon. I added some fall berries for color.


I especially love this photograph. I love the crystal and the candles. I am able to add frames to the photos with my new camera although I did not get a chance to add them all.

More tablescape photos.

I used a combination of votive candles along with tealight candles in crystal candleholders. I inverted some hobnail juice glasses to add some height to some of the tealights and to showcase the hobnail glasses. I think those are beautiful.

I just love the look of a tablescape with candles. It's always so romantic. I love how a beautiful tablescape instantly relaxes you when you walk in the room. I think it promotes a different conversation with someone than when a table isn't decorated.

Notice the crystal decanter. I just love the shape and the etched glass.

A close up of the tablecloth. It doesn't take much to tie the sides however it really sets the mood.
Another close up.

A view of the entire table.


A better view of the decanter.
A close up of the inverted hobnail juice glass and the crystal tealight candleholder.

I hope you enjoyed my fall tablescape. I have some Christmas ones planned beginning next week. Please stop by Susan's blog, "Between Naps on the Porch" for other lovely tablescapes.



10 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

This table setting is SO elegant. All that crystal twinkling. Really beautiful. xx

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Elegant, just lovely! It is the type of table setting that a ballerina would be comfortable sitting at...magical.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I really like how the roses are the only color, it just makes them pop like crazy.

This is an idea I'm going to steal!

Kathleen

Marigene said...

Beautiful, elegant table, all white/crystal with a bit of color in the roses.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So very pretty and I love the table cloth. So happy you and your son were able to be home for Thanksgiving!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Like you, I love candles on the table! Makes for a warm inviting look. I like how you tied the tablcloth too. This white 'scape looks lovely!

DD

Fat Doctor said...

Love the candles and the way you tied the tablecloth. Gorgeous. Makes me want to live in that room!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is so pretty -- I had wondered where you'd been -- sorry that your son was so ill -- I hope you have a very healthy and happy holiday season.

Kristin@Boulevard Interior Design said...

Love the tablecloth! I hope you get to reschedule your MAW trip soon.

Terri said...

I hope you eat your breakfast at this lovely table and feel a little cared for--you have been doing so much. My prayers for you and for Dear Son continue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter