- Q-Is it true that it takes two weeks for the swine flu vaccine to be effective? A-He said it probably never gets to the point where it's really 100% effective. Typically what a vaccine does is to make the flu milder.
- Q-Will he get the vaccine before he leaves the hospital. A-No.
- Q-Now that Dear Son had the swine flu, can he get it again this season? A-No.
- Q-At Dad's place of employment, once they heard Dear Son had the swine flu, they sent the Haz Mat team (complete with mask and gear) in to clean his desk. Is this an appropriate level of concern? (I should tell you that I couldn't stop laughing when I heard they did this.) A-No. People are overreacting to the swine flu.
- Q-At Dear Son's school, they offered to come in and clean the classroom after hearing that Dear Son had the swine flu. Is that necessary? (Normally, the classroom is kept extremely clean as the staff is quite diligent about hand washing and sanitizing with the four students in Dear Son's class.) A-No. Normal cleaning is fine.
- Q-Any deaths at Big Academic Center from the swine flu. A-No.
- Q-Is the swine flu seven days? A-Any flu is 7-10 days.
- Q-If Dear Son got the swine flu vaccine, would he be on a ventilator? A-No. If he got the vaccine, he most likely would be at home with a cold (milder version of the swine flu) instead of on a ventilator. *Note: Dear Son was scheduled to get the swine flu vaccine at Big Academic Medical Center and they ran out. This was 6 days prior to him getting the swine flu.
- Q-Does Big Academic Medical Center have a website where I can get more information on the swine flu. A-Check out http://www.cdc.gov/ for information.
Late last night, around ten p.m. Dad called me regarding Dear Son. His central line was leaking blood so they gave him something to break up the blood clot but it didn't work. They decided to use another port and will make a decision today as to whether they will replace that line.
Thank you for your continued prayers for Dear Son. Today is probably the last day I will be able to post for a while. Dad came down last night so I could go home and sleep since I have to work today. If you'd like to read all of my posts related to the swine flu, click here.