Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tablescape Thursday~Pretty Spring Tablescape

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at, "Between Naps on the Porch".
The inspiration for this week's tablescape came from the fabric, which was actually a 100% cotton shower curtain, on sale for $4. Regarding fabric, a good tip is that you can often find 100% cotton tablecloths, shower curtains or even drapery panels at a discount and make your own table runners and placemats. I made the table runner and the placemats from the shower curtain fabric and have plenty left over if I choose to make additional ones or napkins. The advantage to using this, as opposed to the cost of buying faric outright, is that half of your work is already done when you use the seamed sides to make your runners or placemats. All it takes is a little planning. If you don't sew, you can use mending tape and a hot iron to create a finished edge. Simply cut the fabric, iron your crease (then you can make sure you have a straight edge before sewing or mending), then iron the mending tape on the crease.
Here is a view of the entire tablescape.


A closer look...


I used my white Spode "Mansard" bone china dinner and salad plates and white linen napkins tied with a white organza ribbon. I never tire of this white china.





"Monroe" crystal water goblets complete the table setting.


Another view of the runner.

Pairs of white birdies flank each end of the table runner for a spring feel. On the right side, is the Spode sugar bowl and on the left side of the tablescape are some bunnies. The use of symmetry in the tablescape reinforces a traditional feel to the tablescape. For a more casual tablescape, you could substitute green hydrangeas for the roses, skip the taper candles and add a solid napkin in one of the colors in the runner.

White roses and taper candles add an elegant touch. I love white roses and use them in nearly every room.


Thank you for visiting my tablescape. If you'd like to see more of my tablescapes, click here. To see more tablescapes, see Susan's blog, "Between Naps on the Porch".




Note: I am a Professional Organizer and Home Stager; I run a business called, "Dream Organizers". My motto is, "Keep it simple. Get organized. Make it beautiful."

11 comments:

Tricia said...

Very elegant, indeed! I like the striped linens very much. Thanks for the ideas for making the table look more informal by changing the flowers and napkins -- clever!

GrannySue said...

Your table is just beautiful. I love the use of white and the elegant simplicity. It just say, "come, have a seat and visit".

Cindy - Your Decorating Hotline said...

What a terrific tip to look for shower curtains on sale. You got a bargain for $4!

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

This is brilliant making the table runner and placemats from a shower curtain. I love this idea! Beautiful tablescape...love your Spode china!

ellen b said...

Hello! Love the stripes and the white with them. Very nice. I've used a few shower curtains on my tables but I've never been crafty enough to turn it into placemats and napkins!! nice...

Mimi said...

Wow, who would have thought to use a shower curtain for the dining table? Thanks for the tip...now I will be perusing the bath aisles! A very pretty table, you have set.

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! I have used shower curtains and regular curtains too..anything goes!
Beautiful table....

Creations By Cindy said...

Love the simplicity of the white you used. And I just love the tablerunner and placemats you made from shower curtain. Be blessed. Cindy

Johanna said...

Great idea.Looks very festive.
Greetings, Johanna

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

Simple & elegant. Love the way you put your pretty collections together.

So neat...

Ridgely (Grandma J @ Dear Angelene) said...

What a clever idea! There's actually more cute shower curtains to choose from than tablecloths (and cheaper, too). I will veer over to the linen section with this in mind next time I'm at TJ Maxx. I love the way the crisp white pops from your table -- you've used just the right amount. Thanks for a pretty table and a great suggestion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter